2. Write the meaning of the following words.
· rain: water falling in drops condensed from vapor in the atmosphere
· clouds: a visible mass of particles of condensed vapor (as water or ice) suspended in the atmosphere of a planet
· sun: the luminous celestial body around which the earth and other planets revolve, from which they receive heat and light, which is composed mainly of hydrogen and helium
· storm: a disturbance of the atmosphere marked by wind and usually by rain, snow, hail, sleet, or thunder and lightning
· thunderstorms: a storm accompanied by lightning and thunder
· floods: a rising and overflowing of a body of water especially onto normally dry land
· snowstorm: a storm of or with snow
· tornados: a violent destructive whirling wind accompanied by a funnel-shaped cloud that progresses in a narrow path over the land
· hurricane: a tropical cyclone with winds of 74 miles (119 kilometers) per hour or greater that occurs especially in the western Atlantic, that is usually accompanied by rain, thunder, and lightning, and that sometimes moves into temperate latitudes
· cumulonimbus: cloud having a low base and often spread out in the shape of an anvil extending to great heights
3. Write five sentences using at least three words en each one.
1. You can have fun under the rain.
2. The rain is not always cold.
3. I'll love to see the snow.
4. I'm afraid of tornados and hurricanes.
5. A thunderstorm can wake you up at night.
4. Write your opinion about extreme weather.
Extreme weather could be dangerous and awful if you are near. It could kill, plants, animals and people. But could be beautiful and good for the earth if you are far enough to stay safe and see them at the same time.
5. Identify and write three natural disasters that happened around the World, and affected the Earth.
6. Publish your opinion and the natural disasters you found in the blog.
7. Ilustrate them.
By Eduardo Huerta